Menu

Time Travel: Challenge

Business meeting. Budget shortfall. Questions. Why? What? How? Challenge! Lance spoke, I respond.

If you weren’t there you probably are not sure what I am talking about. But that is OK. The issue is simple, do we trust God? Do we trust God with our finances?

Finances always seem challenging and stressful. I certainly get bent out of shape when I have to deal with money. But then I have to take a breath and look to the Lord.

We are called to trust God with our finances through a physical act of tithing. Tithing literally means a tenth, we are to give back to God 10% of our income. That tenth represents a lot of stuff that we could otherwise use in our daily lives. But we are called to trust God, that the remaining 90% of our income will be sufficient to meet our needs. Instead of a nerve racking time, tithing leads to calm because the act is declaring our trust in God. He will take care of us. Read the following scripture and may the Word bring freedom.

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart
      and lean not on your own understanding….
Honor the LORD with your wealth,
     with the firstfruits of all your crops;
then your barns will be filled to overflowing,      and your vats will brim over with new wine.” -Proverbs‬ ‭3:5-10