Our top priority at Flatland is to help you move to the center of God’s kingdom. God designed your life to function at it’s best when you are closest to him.
One of the best ways to move closer to God is to meet with a life coach. Coaching is a great way to continue growing as a follower of Christ in all areas of life: Character, Home, Relationships, Industry, Society, and Talents.
What to Expect
Coaching is a great way to continue growing as a follower of Christ in all areas of life,
here’s what you can expect from working with a life coach.
- Coaching is not therapy, counseling, advice-giving, mental health care, dealing with the past, or treatment for substance abuse.
- Coaching is for people who are basically well-adjusted, emotionally healthy, functioning effectively, and want to make changes in their lives.
- You will meet with your coach up to four times for about an hour each to work together on the life goal you selected from the Transformation Matrix. At the end of four sessions you are encouraged to reapply if you want to continue to work with your coach.
- Coaching can involve brainstorming, values clarification, the completion of written assignments, education, goal setting, identifying plans of action, accountability, making requests, agreements to change behavior, examining lifestyles and questioning.
- Coaching is most effective when both parties are honest and straightforward in their communications.
- Coaching is a confidential relationship and the coach agrees to keep all information strictly confidential, except in those situations where such confidentiality would violate the law.
- Coaching is a free service for members of Flatland. However, please treat every meeting as you would a paid appointment with a professional and show up for all scheduled meetings. Our coaches are typically very busy, so please make a point to honor their time. There are of course occasional situations where cancelling is unavoidable. In those cases, please notify your coach as soon as possible to reschedule.
Please identify one (or up to three) life goals from the Transformation Matrix that you want to potentially work on with your coach. Keep in mind that you will focus on only one life goal and your life coach can help you narrow it down if necessary. Underneath each goal, provide a short description of the results you’d like to see occur in this area of focus.
Goal: Time Management
- Result: I have a system to follow up on calls and e-mail
- Result: I am more productive at work
- Result: I spend more quality time with friends and family
Goals: Spiritual Formation
- Result: Create a family tradition of spending time together with Christ
- Result: Outline what spiritual leader is and define my role in that
- Result: Implement plan or strategy to stay focused on Christ when times are tough and there’s limited support for that at home.